23/05/2014

Write down (To-Do List)


Years ago I used to start a day with writing a list of tasks to do. I happily used to complete them too. Then, for some reason or another, I forgot about doing it, and used to write those lists only sporadically, on important days in my life.

However, I recently began this practice again. A written word seem to have more impact on me and it gives me motivation. I don’t know about you, but once I write something down I just get it done.

The same applies to making plans for a longer amount of time. For example, you decided to make a change in your life. You can write a list of the main steps you will take, to implement your plan. Then, depending on your situation and the clarity of what you’re supposed to do, you can break this plan down into smaller steps. Just to be precise, I don’t want to bore you with analytical approach to making your life changes. What I am trying to say is, that a written plan even on a random piece of paper is in my experience a great motivator. And here, again I somehow commit to doing what I wrote down.

It’s almost like with writing a shopping list. You just get on with it. If committing to what you wrote down is a difficult task for you, imagine that you are just writing a shopping list. Then take it with you and go out. And the best part of it is that you are not spending any money when using it, unless the shopping is actually on your To-Do list ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment