29/05/2013

The city of Bath / Miasto Bath

Bath is a city in the county of Somerset in South East England. Firstly established as a spa with the Latin name, Aquae Sulis ("the waters of Sulis") by the Romans. The town is located in the valley of the River Avon, where there used to be geothermal waters. 
I had a pleasure to visit Bath during last weekend and enjoyed its relaxing atmosphere. I did not manage to go to the spa though (a tourist must see) due to a massive queue, that I "refused" to take a part in. The weather spoiled us (WOW!) and it was simply too nice to spend the day queueing. And I am not a tourist anyway. I am a wanderer ;)
However I found out, that I can book the visit to the spa in advance. Next time I'll get there for sure!

******

Bath jest miastem położonym w hrabstwie Somerset w Południwo-Wschodniej Anglii. Z początky założone przez kolonizatorów rzymskich pod łacińskim imieniem Aquae Sulis ("Wody Suliusa?). Miasto leży w dolinie rzeki Avon, gdzie znajdowały się wody geotermalne. 
Miałam przyjemność zwiedzić Bath w zeszły weekend delektując się jego relaksującą atmosferą. Nie zdołałam jednak wybrać się do łaźni (turystyczne obowiązek) ponieważ odrzuciłam propozycje stania w wielometrowej kolejce, aby w zamian z nich skorzystać. Pogoda nas rozpieściła (WOW!) i po prostu nie warto było spędzać pół dnia w kolejce. I tak naprawdę to ja nie jestem turystką. Jestem wędrowniczkiem :) Dowiedziałam się też, że wizytę w łaźni można zamówić z wyprzedzeniem. Następnym razem więc na udam się tam na pewno!


















Architecture in Bath remind me a bit of Edinburgh and Glasgow. A look of some people (their dress style) and the cultural approach (music, art) of the town remind me of Brighton. It looks like I found a perfect combination of England & Scotland with Wales just around the corner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment